Current Base

There is nothing I love more than a dewey base, As a girl with dryer skin its definitely a look I go for when picking and using products. 

To start off the base I use a small amount of my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream, I love this stuff its so rich and nourishing all throughout the day, so many moisturisers have the moisture punch instantly but later on in the day my skin feels quite tight again but not with this, it leaves such a lovely base for your foundation and feels comfortable all day. Next up I take a small amount of the Mac Strobe Cream and tap it into the high points of my face, basically where you'd want to have that glow and you really don't need a lot of this as a little goes a long way, this is the kind of product you instantly see a difference with leaving a gorgeous iridescent glow. 

The Charlotte Tilburys Light Wonder Foundation is a base that gives you a serious glow, like when I say glow I mean glow! I usually blend this in with my Beauty Blender as it gives sheerer coverage which I have much prefered in the summer months, when its blended in with a brush its a little heavier which is still gorgeous. For Powder I love Charlotte Tilburys Flawless Finish powder I've been using this for a while and have actually hit pan on it now, I use Fair 1, its a light, finely milled powder which set your make up in place without looking cakey it just takes the 'shine' off and leaves your make up looking flawless, while also allows your natural glow to come through throughout the day which I quite like, Of course it works well over her other base make up, It's something I'll be repurchasing when the times comes. Last but not least come an offering from Mac which everyone and their cat owns and is Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, I got this a few months ago and have been using it a lot with the odd change up now and then. I have to say I absolutely love it! its such a gorgeous champagne coloured highlighter, it catches the light perfectly and I often get asked what highlighter I'm using and its usually this one, which must be a good sign. What I like about this is that it can be built up for a full on glow or used lightly for a more subtle sheen to the skin so its pretty versatile which is always good in a product your investing in for your collection.

Well this was quite brand heavy but when you know you've got a good base you got to stick to it and I have to say I love this one, its the perfect dewy/glowy finish, perfect for the previous hotter months and the fresh faced deep lip days to come for autumn! x

No comments:

Post a Comment